Complaints Handling

We aim to offer our clients a friendly and efficient service.  During the course of the matter, if there is any aspect about which clients are concerned or require clarification, then this should be raised with the person who is handling the matter, with a view to the matter being resolved quickly.  If there are still concerns or agreement is not reached with an appropriate course of action, then the complaint would be referred to, the firm’s complaints handling partner, who will contact you, and attempt to resolve the matter to your satisfaction. 

The firm has a Complaints Procedure document, which is available on request, and which would be sent to you should you make a complaint, whereupon we would endeavour to resolve the matter with you.  Your right to complain might relate to the way in which your matter is being handled, or about a bill that we issue.  In the case of a complaint about a bill, there might also be a right to object to the bill by applying to the court for an assessment of the bill under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974. However, we would point out that if all or part of a bill remains unpaid, we may be entitled to charge interest, such entitlement being stated in our terms and conditions of business. 

The Legal Ombudsman

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint and

  • No more than one year from the date of the act or omission being complained about; or
  • No more than one year from the date when you should reasonably have known that there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman please contact them.


Call: 0300 555 0333 – between 9am to 5pm.


Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6167, Slough, SL1 0EH.

Solicitors Regulation Authority

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority